Latest update: 23 May 2022
Do you feel like you could use some inner peace and me-time? A yoga holiday or yoga weekend in the Netherlands is wonderfully relaxing and consists of so much more than just yoga. Fantastic accommodations, beautiful walks, healthy food, and more. Check the list with great options for yoga retreats in the Netherlands.
Almost all yoga retreats will take care of materials like yoga mats, bolsters, blocks, pillows, et cetera. But if you feel more comfortable with your own gear, search for a nice lightweight travel yoga mat.
Yoga and detox in Zandvoort (3 days)
A fantastic yoga retreat on the beach. You are going to take excellent care of your body for three days. Yoga classes, breathing workshops, and juice fasting: you get the whole package. You stay in a nice hotel near the beach and the center of Zandvoort.
Yoga and kickboxing retreat in Zeeland (4 days)
What a cool combo! Sweating is guaranteed. You will practice yoga and kickboxing daily, as well as participate in meditating and breathing exercises. In addition, you have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the Zeeland nature: by yourself, and there’s also a hike on the program. So this yoga retreat is really for the active yogis. No less than three supervisors ensure that you have a fantastic retreat in Zeeland. Enjoy!
Yoga and food retreat in Limburg (4 days)
This is a 4-day mini-yoga holiday in beautiful Limburg. The program contains so many activities! You’ll join a cooking workshop, a trip to a local vineyard, a breath work session, and a lot of yoga. You’ll stay in a private room or a shared room in a gorgeous old farmhouse.
And… lucky you! I can give you a 5% discount for this yoga retreat. Indicate in your booking request that you have found the yoga and food retreat through me (discount code: kimopreis), and the organizers will arrange the 5% discount for you! So what are you waiting for?!
Tip! On BookYogaRetreats , you will find a handy overview of almost 100 (!!) yoga retreats in the Netherlands.
Yin and flow yoga retreat in Twente (3 days)
One weekend, five yoga classes – and lovely forest walks too. You are staying in a beautiful nature reserve. I’m pretty sure you’ll go home relaxed and well-rested after this one. There is a communal area with a long table for endless talks with other yogis. The crew prepares vegan meals so that you can enjoy your me-time to the fullest – with a nicely filled stomach.
Burgundian yoga retreat in Diepenheim (3 days)
Burgundian Brabant? Nope! Burgundian Achterhoek. During this yoga retreat in Diepenheim, you will get the tastiest vegetarian meals and snacks. This way, you go on the mat with a healthy dose of energy. There are five yoga classes and additional workshops to join. A nice full program to fully enjoy.
Detox and yoga weekend in Vlodrop (3 days)
During this yoga weekend in Limburg, you get detox AND yoga. And don’t worry: it’s not just juices; there are also healthy wraps and soups for those who want some extras. If you need more, you can order something extra in the restaurant of the beautiful forest hotel where you are staying. Between the juices and meals, you get an interesting nutrition workshop. You also practice yoga, and you regularly go for a nice walk in the forest.
Yoga and silence retreat in Renkum (3 days)
Yoga and meditation are alternated with silent walks, and if you like it, you can participate in group circles or have a reflective conversation with supervisor Laura. During this yoga retreat you go into nature, you are in the middle of the woods. The real die-hards even sleep in a tent, but you can also reserve a room – no worries. With both options, you get to stoke a fire!
Online Yoga Challenge for Working from Home
By the way… if you like, you can follow my free online Yoga Challenge for Working from Home. I did a Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand in 2019, and now that everyone is at home so much during this period, this seemed like a fun project to set up! Dutch only, but simply follow my moves, and you’ll be fine.
Tip! Are you up for something quircky? How do you feel aboutgoat yoga in Amsterdam?
More travel inspiration for the Netherlands
Useful links for travel in the Netherlands
- Travel guides. I love the practical travel guides from Lonely Planet, buy them at Bol.com or Book Depository. The latter has longer delivery times but is often cheaper. I always like it to see my own country through the eyes of foreign visitors.
- Accommodation. Forever favorites: Booking.com, Natuurhuisje, Campspace , and Airbnb. Or try a holiday resort viaBelVilla or Roompot. Rather stay in a hostel? Try HostelWorld. Something different: BoerenBed.
- Activities. You book the best tours and activities with GetYourGuide and Viator. For tours with locals, go to WithLocals or Hi,hi Guide. And for bike tours, try Baja Bikes.
- Car rental. My go-to car rental companies are EasyTerra and Sunny Cars as they have all-inclusive / worry-free offers.
- Public transport. Use the regular public transport options, or find a bus, train, or something else on Busbud or Omio.
- Travel gear. Buy your gear at Bever or Decathlon, or simply at Bol.com.
- Package deals. Rather go on a catered trip? You have plenty of options. For the Dutch: ANWB vakanties orTui, or maybe Vakantie Discounter? Or try a yoga retreat in the Netherlands.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy something through these links, I might receive a small commission – at no extra costs to you of course!
First published: june 2020. The article has been updated since.